Perfect Union banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Video Up

I have had a licensed shop for many years. Truth be told I treated it like a hobby shop for most of the time. After taking on a partner we decided to make it more of a business and create really nice guns at affordable prices. I trained under one of the greatest gunsmiths of all times, George Forrest, for 10 years before starting my own shop. Over the years I have built many custom pistols for competition shooting and custom bolt action rifles. Our shop has also built many NFA and post samples for other 07 / SOT's as we are a full service machine shop. Our latest design was released to the public yesterday and I wanted the opportunity to share it here. The specs are as follows;
Caliber 300 AAC Black Out
Custom machined integrally suppressed barrel. Guarenteed to be the quietest you will ever witness.
Billet aluminum chassis easily customizable by the end user.
Picatinny rail for bipod attachment.
Magazine fed.
Professional sound testing completed, results to be released later this week.

· Registered
8,460 Posts
Hi BOA;

That is a very very nice bit of work, a rifle that looks as good as it shoots. My sincerest compliments and welcome to the forum.

All the best,
Grumpy
PS. Just in case you ever want to use it, the "ignore" function is found under "user cp", "settings and options", "edit ignore list".

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi BOA;

That is a very very nice bit of work, a rifle that looks as good as it shoots. My sincerest compliments and welcome to the forum.

All the best,
Grumpy
PS. Just in case you ever want to use it, the "ignore" function is found under "user cp", "settings and options", "edit ignore list".
I do ignore the folks who do not have useful input. The rifle was 18 months of R&D to make the suppressor as quiet as possible. The aluminum chasis went through 3 revisions to get to this point as well. Still waiting on the sound testing reports as well. I have not seen the numbers yet either. I just know that quiet is quiet.

· Registered
8,460 Posts
I do ignore the folks who do not have useful input. The rifle was 18 months of R&D to make the suppressor as quiet as possible. The aluminum chasis went through 3 revisions to get to this point as well. Still waiting on the sound testing reports as well. I have not seen the numbers yet either. I just know that quiet is quiet.
Its a really interesting idea - with a bolt action I suspect the loudest thing you're going to be hearing at a distance is the sound of the striker dropping. Reminds me a bit of the DeLisle Carbine of WW2 in concept, but far more up-to-date. I'll be interested to read about the sound levels you're getting.

I'm envious!

All the best,
Grumpy

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grumpy,
One person described shooting it like a daisy red rider BB gun. The loudest sound is the projectile hitting the wood backed target at 100 meters. I actually built a delisle to the original spec. This rifle uses way different technology and machining. Either way they are both useful in the proper application.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JRedHorse,
The weight without scope is 10 pounds. It is actually a little lighter than my wood stocked 700 BDL in 308. The round capacity is whatever the end user wants. It uses AR 15 mags which come in various capacities. The idea was to make a chassis that the end user could change to their liking. Since so many people have AR type weapons we decided to use the ar based stock, grip, and mag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.