Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a 580 series Ruger Ranch. I've loved the mini 14 for a while just never got around to getting one. I have many rifles, and also just got rid of my AR. I decided on the mini because I enjoy the classic look of the m14/m1a. With the black rifle craze going on I also don't want to be a part of it, but I was able to offload a 900.00 AR for double that to the suit and tie GI type who I think is just going to hold it and feel its power...lol. Anyway, I tinker with all of my firearms and am looking forward to getting in to this one. See you soon and have a great day!

Chris

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Hi, I recently purchased a 580 series Ruger Ranch. I've loved the mini 14 for a while just never got around to getting one. I have many rifles, and also just got rid of my AR. I decided on the mini because I enjoy the classic look of the m14/m1a. With the black rifle craze going on I also don't want to be a part of it, but I was able to offload a 900.00 AR for double that to the suit and tie GI type who I think is just going to hold it and feel its power...lol. Anyway, I tinker with all of my firearms and am looking forward to getting in to this one. See you soon and have a great day!

Chris
Welcome aboard!

Don't know if you're stocked on mags, but try Ruger.com first if you're not. Think you'll like the new mini's they shoot just fine....

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard!

Don't know if you're stocked on mags, but try Ruger.com first if you're not. Think you'll like the new mini's they shoot just fine....

All the best,
Grumpy
Thanks! After much research I do believe I will stick with Ruger factory mags. Not too concerned with the price...unless I look on eBay or Gunbroker, some of those have solid gold followers I guess, lol. I figure I will eventually get a couple 30 rd but for now the 10 and 20 are just fine.

·
I always been here.......
317 Posts

Chris
Welcome to PU, and congrats on the mini purchase. I think you made a wise decision getting rid of the AR. There alot of knowledgeable people on PU for the mini. Try gundoc if your thinking of any mods or alterations. He is very good.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.