Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new member here and a newb to the mini 14 world as well. I really like this site and after lurking for a while decided to jump in with some pics of my brand new 582 series, Mini 14 Tactical Model. I also bought an ATI 6 position stock which my FFL guy was nice enough to install for me immediately upon arrival. I liked it but decided I would like it better with a camo paint job. So a couple of cans of Krylon Camo later and voila: Zelda the Zombie Killer is born.

I am very pleased with its performance. My first trip to the range netted these groups at about 65-70 yards (the 100 yard range was occupied group shooting a formal match). At any rate towards the end of the day as I was leaving, I noticed that it was clear again and stopped long enough to empty a 20 rd mag into an old propane tank at about 120 - 130 yards.

these next were just some fast off hand shoting exept for the ones off by themselves which were my attempts to put one into the actual line.

Like I said, I am very pleased with it. The only thing left for me to do is to install a True Shot Stabilizer Kit and either an ACOG, Aimpoint or Eotech, haven't decided which yet, to replace the first gen Aimpoint I have on there now.

I'm looking forward to hanging around here and learning from you guys! Thanks for looking.

George

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same rig on my 183 series. I've had the rifle for 30 years and just changed stocks recently.

My accuracy was hard to judge though. It started shooting 2 ft high at 100 yds with both the scope and with iron sights.

My rear sight is all the way down and I'm not touching the scope yet.

Has anyone had a similar issue after changing stocks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.