Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Been lookin for a while now and finally registered. I'm in Maine, 44 yrs old, married w/ a son and a grandson. Hunting & fishing family & church are a big part of my life... been that way since I was very young. These days the nest has been empty for a while and funds find themselves a bit more freed up... good for my small gun collection. Been reloading for a couple years or so...
Things that go bang have always appealed to me (Harleys too, thus the original "hearthethunder"... now seems fitting for the things that go bang as well...)
:rolleyes: Hadn't intended to be so long winded... anyway!
A question about a mini-14 I've got my eye on. This is a preban question. Ser # is 185-46xxx. My question is this in fact preban. Do I understand for one of the other posts that 186-38000 was THAT break-off point?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

(I don't own a mini yet and am struggling with the "keep saving and go for a bushmaster" :confused: or pick up this preban 1:7 twist with lyman 2.5 owned and already played with shooting 2.5" in 100yrds...*hopefully more than hear-say*..no double break added at this point either.. sounds like it has possibilities of being a fine shooter for a mini) $400

Thanks again,

hearthethunder

·
Registered
540 Posts
What IS the difference between pre-ban and post-ban Mini?
other than you could get them with a folding stock?
There's all sorts of stuff on an AR that makes it post ban, but what about the mini?:confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Colt AR and a Bushmaster, i will never have any regrets for passing on a Mini-14. Just an opinion!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Came across a new Ranch model and it followed me home... Running some Lellier & Bellot 55 gr fmj rounds to check it out. Have rings but no scope on yet. With the peep I'm doing 2" in 50yrds for starters. It's early in the game. Need dies yet to reload (If I can find my brass.....throws 30 feet easy..heehee)
I'll check out that double break everyone is talking about here and see what that does along with a scope of sorts. I'm thinking of replacing my 2-7 Tasco World Class on my M70 Winchester .30-06 soon. Perhaps I'll try that on the mini....

Next year I'll build the AR.... Bushy looks awful good at this point, though there are many kits out there...

Anyone familiar with the Hesse product?

hearthethunder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts