Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Bought an AR as a political statement a couple of elections ago, decided I wasn't an AR kind of guy and sold it.

Bought a Mini-14 to replace it, reminds me of the M-14 I used in basic. If that doesn't give you a hint as to my age, nothing will. lol

Served as a LEO for a state agency in NYC for 40 years, now retired.

I've lurked here a number of times, was told this was the premier site for Mini's, and it seems I was told right.

Still have a lot to learn, so here I am.

Best to all,
Speedo66

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Speedo, welcome to the forum from Central Virginia! "You be 'told right" about Mini-14s. Senior year in JROTC, we familiarized and then qualified with M-1 Garands (marched with them, too for Sunday Parades). First two years of ROTC, the Garands were replaced with M-14s. Love 'em both, but am a bit too old and frail to be lugging them around now. Mini-14s are the most fun you can have with your clothes on! (if you don't have an M-14...)

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
362 Posts
Welcome to PU.F
From S.W. Pa.

Reactions: Speedo66

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yeah, the Mini-14 reminds me of my Garand, though up to now haven't had a Mini. My first good "plinker" was an SKS, and my first serious forum involvement was SKS Survivor. I've been out of there for a while (not a bad spot / good know-how), but still have the SKS. Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts