Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a G2 Contender (rifle) and was wondering about the available T/C barrel selection. Given that the frame for the rifle and pistol are the same, it seems to me that all calibers should be available in both the pistol and rifle length barrels. For instance you can get a .44 Magnum in 14", but it's not available in 23".

Is there something about the length which produces higher pressure in longer barrels making them unsafe to shoot, or is this just a marketing decision?

I've seen some 3rd party manufacturers that custom make a much larger variety of G2 barrels that what T/C has available, but I don't want it blowing up in my face.

Thanks

· Registered
74 Posts
I just purchased a G2 Contender (rifle) and was wondering about the available T/C barrel selection. Given that the frame for the rifle and pistol are the same, it seems to me that all calibers should be available in both the pistol and rifle length barrels. For instance you can get a .44 Magnum in 14", but it's not available in 23".

Is there something about the length which produces higher pressure in longer barrels making them unsafe to shoot, or is this just a marketing decision?

I've seen some 3rd party manufacturers that custom make a much larger variety of G2 barrels that what T/C has available, but I don't want it blowing up in my face.

Thanks
They're fine in longer barrels,I had 1 made in 44 mag at a custom shop in a 20" and it works fine. T/C basically just makes ones that are more regularly bought but any caliber that's safe in a pistol length is also safe in a rifle length and vise versa. But some that work good in a rifle length like some bottleneck rifle calibers,tend to loose some accuracy in a pistol length I've heard but can't verify.

· Full Blown Member
73 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.