Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
trigger13
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and new to the mini 14.
I recently bought a 580 gb SS tactical. "16inch barrel"

Was told and believe it had not been fired but a few times. I field stripped and cleaned as soon as I got it and found very light powder residue in the gas block but the rest looked like old factory grease.
I any case I took it to my indoor range the other day and fired 20 rounds on Winchester white box 5.56.
I was using a factory five round mag. The very first shot FTF. I think I probably did not let the bolt go when first chambered. I reloaded same shell and all from the on fired. Gun shot well. I was shooting at 25 yards. With the iron site I was shooting nice groups about 3/4 in low and windage was perfect.

After a few rounds I picked up some of the casings and noticed the projectile end of the casing was crimped on one side. Some seamed to be worse than others. Not sure if it is a problem or not.

would appreciate any comments.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am new to the forum and new to the mini 14.
I recently bought a 580 gb SS tactical. "16inch barrel"

Was told and believe it had not been fired but a few times. I field stripped and cleaned as soon as I got it and found very light powder residue in the gas block but the rest looked like old factory grease.
I any case I took it to my indoor range the other day and fired 20 rounds on Winchester white box 5.56.
I was using a factory five round mag. The very first shot FTF. I think I probably did not let the bolt go when first chambered. I reloaded same shell and all from the on fired. Gun shot well. I was shooting at 25 yards. With the iron site I was shooting nice groups about 3/4 in low and windage was perfect.

After a few rounds I picked up some of the casings and noticed the projectile end of the casing was crimped on one side. Some seamed to be worse than others. Not sure if it is a problem or not.

would appreciate any comments.
Normal. The brass is hitting the oprod as its flying out

·
Registered
666 Posts
Or possibly the case mouths are hitting the concrete and getting dinged. A resizing die will iron it out. No problem.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
I can never really find my brass to see, its all to my right in the next county... lol
I try to use a shop rag to drop the brass underneath the gun. Some will use a ball cap off the bench.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.