Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbors can't keep him, and no one else can touch him.......
Here's a size perspective of my new Brother...Bo
at 18 mos old he's already this size but has a "blackface"
we roll around together & bite each other for play, and I currently have an upper canine hole in my forearm....lol......why do my neighbors think i'm crazy???????

i'll post actual pics of Bo when the rain clears out

Attachments

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Neighbors can't keep him, and no one else can touch him.......
Here's a size perspective of my new Brother...Bo
at 18 mos old he's already this size but has a "blackface"
we roll around together & bite each other for play, and I currently have an upper canine hole in my forearm....lol......why do my neighbors think i'm crazy???????

i'll post actual pics of Bo when the rain clears out
Almost forgot
Bo is an Anatolian Sheperd Dog / Turkish Mastiff & at 18 mos old stands 6'6" and outweighs my 165# a**
He still has a year of growing & filling out to do.
GLAD he loves deer & boar meat......WE will hunt together SOON !

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Love it...you're going to have to get yourself a high-paying job to keep that doggo in food! I don't know why, but I never encountered a dog who didn't like me. I accompanied a buddy to a furniture store once and decided it was too nice a day to go inside, so I was sitting on the little bit of lawn outside the place. A guy walking his pit bull asked me if I would watch his dog for a few, because he needed to visit the head inside the store. When he came out, his doggo and I were rolling on the grass, playing. Guy said his pooch NEVER did that sort of thing. Told the guy his dog thought I was his long-lost bro, and we probably smelled alike. Love dogs. Love cats, too.

·
Draw, Varmint!
798 Posts
Forget food costs! I once watched as a fellow took two large Saint Bernards out of a vet's office, and stuffed them into his old Ford 'Fiesta' in the parking lot.

Then he came back into the office to pay his vet bill. The guy looked at his dogs' vet bill, and remarked, "Hey, this isn't as bad as I thought!" I gave him an inquisitive sort of look, and he replied, "Last time, you see, their vet bill was the same as my monthly mortgage payment; but this time it's closer to the monthly payment on my car loan!"

My wife and I just sat there, staring, as he somehow managed to get his own sizable body into that little Ford with those two large Saint Bernards. (For a moment or two I didn't think he was going to be able to do it; but, to my surprise, he didn't seem to mind driving with a dog's butt in his face!)

Amazing what some people will do for their dogs; isn' it! I'll have to remind myself of this story the next time I spend $2,500.00 dollars to save a rescue cat with two broken legs from the tender loving mercies of the people at the ASPCA who were good enough to try and help out by offering to put the animal down for free—Free, can you imagine! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rockys Pop

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys......Bo is rescue #7 currently in my current herd.
i've literally gone hungry so my animals could eat
El' Mariachi......they can sense good from evil.......evidently you're good AND have my genetic mutation precluding normal human fear.....which means ever "killer" animals flock to you.
Lone Gunman....yes, sadly big orginizations are about $+convenience.......grass roots animal rescues are where the golden hearts are......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good for you Rockys Pop!
I think we're put on the earth for many reasons. Among those is being good stewards of its resources. That includes helping what needs help.
And dogs rightfully earn the title, "man's best friend". Back in the early 70s I worked in a gun dog kennel. I concluded back then I trust more dogs than people.

Reactions: Rockys Pop

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been steadily bonding more tightly with big Bo.......now he calls me when he gets outside.
he can destroy a cooked boar hip socket & ham bone in about 1/2 an hour.......i've fed him 30# of boar over the last several days.
his owner is back and appears to be packing her things.....so Bo may be all mine sooner than I thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts