Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new compact scope for my contender Carbine barrel and some Enduo Rings mounted on the 30-30.

Scope is one of the Nc Stars that Jeff posted a link to. (3X9X42) Now to the Range to see what happens. BP will be mistified to know that I used some loc-tight for the screws. That compact does look good on the contender carbine, except you have to pull yourself up a little for the eye releif is not as perfect. Not to bad though considering the price was right. Overall length of the scope is 7 1/2".

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Planning to: Going to the post office and then start gathering my things together. Will try to see you sometime to pick up the Encore Frame.

Dennis says there are a lot of green beans to be picked. If you and patsy would like them, there should be plenty. He is tired of picking-three rows. Blue Berries should just be beginning to turn this week.

I will have the 30-30 with me and it will need to be sighted in. I will have some of the match loads you made for the barrel after shooting a few othes to get it close.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well pleased witht he range results at 25 yards. Next trip, I will get out the 100 yard target.

Rained most of the day and the place was saturated. Chores came first and that did not leave much time for anything else.

Cisco came by and brought the new to me encore frame. Now all I need is the base and rings for the 22-250 to be ready for the range. Looking forward to shooting both the 30-30 and the 22-250 at 100 yards.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered the rings from ED's. Won't be long and the scope will be on the 22-250 encore handgun and ready to go to the range. Planning to travel to "Pair of Dice" and enjoy the weekend; Mow grass, pick blueberries, harvest corn, squash, pototos, cabbage, onions and fry up some green tomatoes. Main thing: Sight in the scope on the 22-250 handgun and finish sighting in the 30-30 contender carbine at 100 yards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts