Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking this for a friend so he will be convinced. I have a stock Colt 1911a1 that will eat any hollow point ammo I feed it without a studder a close friend is convinced I had an action job on it. But I havent, should a stock Colt 1911a1 shoot hollow points flawlessly. I appreciate any information as I plan to print it and show my friend even if Im wrong. If I am wrong it doesnt matter because the gun shoots anything I feed it. THANKS in advance.

Happy Shooting!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Colt 1991A1, bought new in '95, has never balked with various hollow-point and semi-wadcutter loads. The only ammo it doesn't like is Speer Lawman in the blue box. I've got at least 5000 rounds thru it, and it's still smooth and tight. My buddy's almost new Springfield, with maybe 1500 rounds fired, is much looser but also very reliable.

:2guns:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Big dog. Stay cool down there in Florida, used to be my favorite vacation place until I got Married about 9yrs ago,wouldnt you know it.My Inlaws live there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1991A1 Compact 45

The colt 45 1991a1 compact is the very best auto I have ever owned and workes flawlessly with any hollowpoint and roundball ammo, Even won shooting matches with it ! At a public indoor range in Richmond,Va. the folks there though I was shooting a full-auto pistol ! It really works that well. Why did they discontinue the gun ? Same reason they get rid of your fav. tv show ? The ones driving the boat ? (they are idiots-for those who don't get it !) Buy all you can find ! I got mine at a gun show for $500 and have been offered $1000 ! It might be the one out of a thousand, its that accurate with open standard sights !:D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ill do you one better!

I have a stock, except for the installed pachmyre grips, Series 70 Colt 1911 that has digested every type of HP load I have loaded in it. I have used it as my duty weapon and CCW weapon now for about 20 years at least!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Same here: they feed everything just fine. That applies to .38 Super, too.
The old saw about 1911s needing to be throated to feed hollowpoints goes back to the ex-GI pistols in the 50s and 60s; between Colt and the ammo makers, it hasn't really been an issue for about 40 years now. As Bigdog noted, the Speer "flying ashtray" can be problematic in some guns, but it is a 70s-vintage design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts