Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something about the nostalgia of a lever action rifle. Be it Marlin, Winchester, or any other name, they hold a romance that can only be explained by those who shoot them. With the introduction of the new Guide guns lever actions have become more popular than ever. This forum is for those of us who share the love for lever actions.

No Longer Involved
I own one lever action rifle.

It is a Winchester Model 1894, with serial number in the low 30k range. This dates it to 1895!

The downside is that my father, about 30 years ago, had the rifle plated in a nickel/chrome shop

:mad:

I still like it though!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1895....WOW! It's a shame your father had it redone. They always loose there value when one does that.:( I actually own 3 lever actions, a 336 in 35rem, a guide gun in 450 marlin, and a 336 in 44 mag. The 450 is almost too costley to shoot. Looks cool though.....lol

Registered
hey fellas, i bought one of marlins 336 cowboys in 30-30 when they first came out, i gotta tell ya, it is one of the most accurate and tightest lever guns i have ever owned, i scoped it with a 4 power scope for awhile to see what kind of groups it would give me, at 125 yards it would place 170 gr loads in 1 1/2" groups, i was very pleased, i took an 8 pointer with it while it was scoped, then i removed the scope because it uglied the rifle up too much, i didnt feel the scope looked just right with the octagon barrel, i would highly recommend this rifle to anyone who was taken with its classic lines. good shootin, gut

Registered
I've got an old Model 94 Winchester I picked up back in the 70s.
I always enjoy shooting it, have shot many 100s of rounds,
it's very accurate out to 150 yds and it's brought down a deer
too. I don't care for a scope on it though it looks just fine the way it is.

Regards...

Registered
I bought a Guide gun in 45-70 because it uses the ammo that I have in good supply and have dies for. This is my only lever gun at this time, but the .444 P is calling me.:sniper:

Registered
I picked up a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem. last week.Can any one help on finding out how old this gun is? Serial number is 21xxx. It has a rounded barrel also.thanks guys for all the help. I have yet to shoot this one,but will soon.

Mike

remember;true happiness is a full auto!

Registered
I have two lever actions. One is a Savage 99C in .308 Win and the other is the Marlin 1894 Cowboy II in .357 Mag. The Marlin is extremely accurate at 100 yards with open sights. I also had a scope on mine for awhile, but then took it off. It just didn't look right.

Registered
Mine is a Winchester Model 94AE Big Bore in .307 Win! Bought it new about 10 years ago for about $150. A local gun store had bought out inventory in some out of business store and I could not resist. Of course, a couple of years later, Winchester stopped making ammo!:mad:
Cheaperthandirt still carries some.
Put a Williams rear peep on it and havn't done much with it.
May try it on one of our Kali Hogs this spring.

Registered
Hi: Can't beat the levers. Have them in .308 (Model 88 Winchester), .22 Hi-Power (Savage 1899) .45-70 (Model 1895 Marlin), .33 Winchester (Model 1886 Winchester), .218 Bee (Model 65 Winchester), .32 Special (Model 1894), .30-30 (Model 64 Winchester) and .22 rimfire (Marlin 39).
As you can see, I like the levers.:)

Registered
I have a Marlin 1894 in 41 Mag. good combo for my Ruger Blackhawk in the same caliber. I have the Ruger 96/44 a Marlin 1895 G and at one time owned a Win 1895 in 30 US.

Registered
gotta love a lever gun...especially in the bush. Got a win 94 in 32-40. Gonna work up a black powder load for deer season this year.:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts