Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Ar15 Bushmaster from Academy several months back. Found out later that it had a (after market YHM muzzle brake ) that the threads were stripped and the epoxed back to rifile. My question is can you re-thread the barrel to accept a new muzzle break or do I need a new barrel?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You can try and run a threading die over it to clean up the threads. If that doesn't work a gunsmith or machinist could do it but it would require shortening the barrel slightly. Have you contacted Academy about selling you a defective product?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm with Woodstock. Contact Academy and see what they can do. They should stand by their product. You can get the barrel re-threaded, it will cost a bit and you may even have to cut it to do it if you can't clean the threads up. This could affect your gas system a bit. Personally, if Academy hoses you and if the threads can't be cleaned, I would go with a new barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.