Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Sig Sauer Pro-2022 9 mm. I've been to the range twice & have had no functioning problems with it but, I seem to be printing low & to the left at 21 ft. when shooting SA.. I have not shot it DA as yet.
I have a Kimber .45 that I shoot dead on at that distance & even farther.
I'd like to hear some idea's ? Is shooting this gun that much different from the Kimber ? I know the Kimber is a lot heavier. Tom

·
Registered
437 Posts
Two possibilities: either you're throwing the shots, or your pistol is not sighted in for you. See link below for possible causes of thrown shots.

Assuming you're shooting reasonably tight groups (not shotgun-like patterns whose center is vaguely low left), and your groups are consistently low left (both SA and DA), and you aren't jerking the trigger, then you need to drift the rear sight to the right and lower the front sight (or raise the rear) to bring POA and POI together.

Correcting handgun shooting problems « Stuff From Hsoi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the range yesterday & apparently got things worked out a bit. I'm used to shooting 1911 type handgun's & this gun is a bit different.

I slowed down a bit & took more time & things just seemed to come together. I think more practice is in order & more accessories, mags, holster & such. sometimes you just gotta stop & smell the roses a bit and rethink the basics & get that in order. Thanks for your advice. Tom

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whoa!!! bad picture, bad picture.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Play ball and dummy with a competent friend on a range. He hands you the gun and you pull the trigger... he either loads it or he doesn't. You both look for the flinch. (A hard one person drill) 100 trigger pulls later and 60 plus rounds later you will feel an improvement.

great chart red cent.

·
Sniper 173D Abn Brigade
101 Posts
You may want to consider that your pistol needs "breaking in." I got a Sig P-220 a while back in .45 caliber. The gun probably had not had more than 100 rounds through it. I went ahead and broke it in and have owned it ever since. Breaking in a handgun or rifle allows the parts to mesh and helps you get a feel for it too. In other words, you're sort of working out the bugs in your gun. Some of the 1911 gun makers even tell you to break in your new gun with their directions for using it. So it may be the pistol and not you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herd, Thanks for the advice. Things seem to be getting better so will keep you posted.
I tried to get a closer look at the photo you have posted but have been unable to do so as yet. Looks like you spent some time in Viet Nam sometime back. I was there with the Air Force from "70 to 71" at Phan rang AB just south of Cam Ranh Bay in II corps. Ah the memories. Tom

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you want to practice on the cheap in the comfort of your home. Just pick up a cheap laser and a box of snap caps. You'll be able to see what your barrel is doing with the laser.

I use the laser/snap caps for practice before and after range visits. Makes my actual shooting quite a bit easier.

·
Arizona Gunner
90 Posts
If you want to practice on the cheap in the comfort of your home. Just pick up a cheap laser and a box of snap caps. You'll be able to see what your barrel is doing with the laser.

I use the laser/snap caps for practice before and after range visits. Makes my actual shooting quite a bit easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts