Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hidding in the bushes
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall... Names Tony, Im up in Idaho.. Im that guy that lives down the street that has more knowledge than kids to pass it to, So all the people that are timid or ignorant bout doing things come see me. Ive been playin with Minis an 1911 since Granpa realized I was a boy an now "I" need help.

A person we call Lumpy went out an picked up a 182 series fer $425. clips an folding chotes stock, eagle HK sight, S&K mount. In otherwords a nice bolt on modded platform.

One problem, the trigger assembly is missing parts. in otherwords Where can a guy find #23.#53.#54 from the midway schematics page?or I guess the whole assembly if'n I gotta buy the whole thing?

Its the hammer ,sear an sear spring.

Much thanx to any help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would call Ruger and see what they can do for you. They may not send you the parts. You may have to ship them the trigger assy. or rifle. You could try Numrich gun parts but they are hit or miss.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Sounds like somebody was messing around trying to make a full auto. I don't think Ruger will sell those particular parts without shipping them the rifle. They might sell a complete trigger group if you give em a good story like it was pulled for safety and accidentally got tossed or something like that.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Sounds like somebody was messing around trying to make a full auto. I don't think Ruger will sell those particular parts without shipping them the rifle. They might sell a complete trigger group if you give em a good story like it was pulled for safety and accidentally got tossed or something like that.
No stories needed! Just send Ruger the rifle without the trigger group and ask for a replacement.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
No stories needed! Just send Ruger the rifle without the trigger group and ask for a replacement.
but that would mean the gun has to be returned to stock...
and I'll bet you a jelly doughnut that ol' Lumpy don't have the OEM sight ( a major pain to take on and off) or OEM stock to replace his modded stuff.
which will be removed from the gun by ruger CS.

tell them you were out shooting carp on the lake and the trigger group fell overboard... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
but that would mean the gun has to be returned to stock...
and I'll bet you a jelly doughnut that ol' Lumpy don't have the OEM sight ( a major pain to take on and off) or OEM stock to replace his modded stuff.
which will be removed from the gun by ruger CS.

tell them you were out shooting carp on the lake and the trigger group fell overboard... :rolleyes:
Ruger doesn't care about the add-ons that don't effect the mechanical operation and safety of thier rifle. They do care about the trigger group, gas system, op rod and bolt assemblies, firing pin potrusion. They will leave your aftermarket stock and sights, muzzle brakes and flash-hiders alone as long as it is legal for you to have them where you live. So still: No Stories Needed!

·
Hidding in the bushes
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx to all. He sold it t me after much frustration and took the battle scope. 200 for spare parts is how I saw it....... The original seller low and behold had tried to do a triggerjob an didnt wanna admit it. I have since recovered the parts and peened the pieces an LIGHTLY filed them back. I think he wanted a fully also.... I took it to the gunsmith I have just started using for touchy things Im nervous about to inspect my work an I got a job offer...lol He liked the pull I have on it.. bout 3.5

Considering the butchery I figured It cant hrt to try to save the parts. Maybe I should have more faith in myself.

Thanx again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts