Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually have two seperate Questions? first is the Romanian Ak47 a quality gun. And are Norincos any good? Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to have a Romanian AK and it was a good rifle. The finish is sometimes not as good as some others, but it is a good shooter. The Norincos are very good from what I hear and usually have a better looking finish, if the few I have seen are any indication. From what I have read, the Romanian AK is closer to the origional AKM design than most other AKs. One thing to look for in the Romanian AK is a canted front sight. It seems some came into the country or were assembled by Century Arms with the front sight canted to one side and the gas port in the barrel doesn't line up with the gas tube. Just look down the sights and you should be able to tell. Personally, I have never seen one this way, but I have heard of it. Hope this helps.:2guns:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got one about a year ago and the sight was not canted. I guess I just lucked out.

Six

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey not wanting to start a fight but why not get a Ruger Mini-thirty. Better quality from my experience just as reliable and hi cap mags available plus I bought a stainless with rings for what you are goin to give for an AK.

Just a THought,
Later:ar15:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had a Norinco MAK-90 milled for a few years now, and love the gun. It is very well built, shoots great, and is very acurate with just about any ammo I put in it. I reasently bought a WASR-10, because of the scope rail option. My first impression of the WASR compared to the Norinco was a thrown together piece of ****. It looks ruff, parts are not finished to a smooth finish like the norinco, and the stamped reciever compaired to the milled norinco, looked like a toy. Once I cleaned all the grease off and ran some ammo though it, I was very impressed. It functions perfect, shooting slow, or fast, and is as accurate as the Norinco.
For the price ($159 from Classic Arms) you just cant get a better rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts