Perfect Union banner

Need help!

953 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cajungeo 
#1 ·
Gents, I am the proud owner of a synthetic stock stainless mini-14. I just bought a repacement stock and noticed it has screws holes on the sides. The factory stock on my mini doesn't have screws. My question is, why do some have screws and others do not and is it safe to use this stock? Newbie, Please foregive my ignorance. Thanks, George

#2 ·
The screw holes are where the screws that hold the stock reinforcement to stock are secured.

Your present stock doesn't use these. You need to get the screws and the stock reinforcement from Ruger. These parts prices should be listed in the manual which comes with your rifle.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by turbogeo
Gents, I am the proud owner of a synthetic stock stainless mini-14. I just bought a repacement stock and noticed it has screws holes on the sides. The factory stock on my mini doesn't have screws. My question is, why do some have screws and others do not and is it safe to use this stock? Newbie, Please foregive my ignorance. Thanks, George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.