Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order some buffers for my mini 14. I've seen where some of you guys use 1911 buffers. Are these a drop in fit for the mini 14? Any preferences on a brand? I'll probably get them from Midway since I can get the choate handguard, and a few other items, all from one place. Also wondering if the 1911 buffers will fit my mini30 tactical as well? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
I have used a flat vacuum cleaner belt just punch a hole with a 9mm case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 on Wilson Combat Shok-Buffs

+1 on Wilson Combat Shok-Buffs. Fit perfectly even have a curve at the bottom that matches the barrel. Six for $6.99 at Midway, and they last a long time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I there any cutting or trimming needed to the Wilson Shock Buffs? I got a pack of the blue ones and I might install one tomorrow. I still on the fence about them don't want any problems with the rifle cycling properly.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I there any cutting or trimming needed to the Wilson Shock Buffs? I got a pack of the blue ones and I might install one tomorrow. I still on the fence about them don't want any problems with the rifle cycling properly.
I didn't have to do anything but slip them on.

Try installing one on the rear first, and see if your rifle will lock open (and then unlock). If it does, try one up front too. Because these buffers are thinner than the "Mini-14" buffers that are out there, I have heard of very few problems with function when the Wilsons are used.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
No, those Wilson Shock Buffs fit like they were made for the Mini. I run one in the back on the guide rod and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Did you install it "ears up" on the barrel? Dont be afraid to cycle it manually with some authority, the Mini's gas system definitely does that already.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I installed it like in the pic above but I didn't push it onto the spring. I just placed it over the opening and inserted the spring and guide rod. Maybe this is the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.