Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly "raf"
4,022 Posts
I prefer the ITC cheek rest/riser because it is ambidextrous, user-configurable, and can be quickly removed/attached.

Is there no way possible for you to arrange things so that such a cheek riser is not required? IMHO, that would be much preferable.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Formerly "raf"
4,022 Posts
The carpet anti-slip material can be a useful thing. Some users finding their cheek rest/riser slipping (usually rotating on the stock) have used fairly wide strips of velcro with the loop (furry) velcro attached to the stock and the hook (scratchy) velcro attached to the rest/riser after degreasing all attachment surfaces with alcohol. Commercial/Industrial grade velcro stouter and far stickier than standard-grade velcro.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer the ITC cheek rest/riser because it is user-configurable and can be quickly removed/attached.

Is there no way possible for you to arrange things so that such a cheek riser is not required? IMHO, that would be much preferable.
Looks like a good rest.
Installing a 30mm scope with rings to just clear the rear sight still puts the scope high. While I have got used to it, I think it would be better to have my cheek positioned more natural for proper eye alignment

·
Formerly "raf"
4,022 Posts
Looks like a good rest.
Installing a 30mm scope with rings to just clear the rear sight still puts the scope high. While I have got used to it, I think it would be better to have my cheek positioned more natural for proper eye alignment
Understood; Hope it all works out well for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The carpet anti-slip material can be a useful thing. Some users finding their cheek rest/riser slipping (usually rotating on the stock) have used fairly wide strips of velcro with the loop (furry) velcro attached to the stock and the hook (scratchy) velcro attached to the rest/riser after degreasing all attachment surfaces with alcohol. Commercial/Industrial grade velcro stouter and far stickier than standard-grade velcro.
Hadn't though of velco :) Great idea!

I have LEUPOLD Permanent Release Weaver Style 1-inch, Medium, Matte Rings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is a little different. It is from 'Hawkeye Customs' and I bought it off Amazon for about $38. I didn't feel bad about drilling a couple of holes thru the buttstock. The hardware is decent and the Kydex is 1/8" thick. I'll post full pics over in the Gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is a good check rest for the Mini.
I don't need much height, maybe an inch or so.
Pics if you gott'em would be great.
A few years back I started using Godagrip cheek pads and other products from godagrip.com. It makes my 12 gauge slug gun shoot as tame as a 22 lr. All the products are still just like new after 3 years of use. The company is very well run and efficient. They owner seems to be a great guy and even wrote me a personal welcome. Price is very reasonable. Everyone who has shot any of my guns wearing a piece of Godagrip always ask why the gun is so comfortable and easy to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts