Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need the Catch-Stub NUT part# MA15000 that fits the Catch-Stub threaded bolt #MA14900 that passes completely through the wooden stock from the right side to the left forward of the magazine-well portion of the stock.

It's NOT available from Ruger or other common sources.

The "Catch-Stub" portion of the bolt forever protrudes out on the right-side of the wood stock and is used to secure & clamp the steel portion of the folding stock against the right side of the wooden stock when the metal portion of the stock is closed (or in the short position).

I need the catch-stub NUT, it's round, it's edge may be serrated and it has 2 holes facing out on either side of the center-threaded hole and is found on the left side of the factory folding stock.

I would pay $25 to find one if anyone has.. :p

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Since its a preban stock, you may have to call Ruger for that one.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi GoCarGo,

I do not have a spare nut but, I do have a sample in hand. I was bored so I used an Allen bolt head and made a reasonable duplicate on my jewelers lathe. I will send it to you for $10 if you're interested. Otherwise, I'll just keep it for a spare. It will need another cold blue treatment for better blue/black color.

Ed

Home made nut installed...

Original nut installed...

·
absit iniuria verbis
322 Posts
For Future Reference....

Just for future reference, if it helps at all, a member here posted a link to a website I found particularly interesting, whilst searching for a locking retaining ring for his Federal Ordnance folder. They say they have over 490,000 products!
McMaster-Carr

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just an FYI

Ed

Great job on that catch nut. As you know I have two folder wood Mini's. The 184xxx is a blued civilian Mini with the side swivel. I will keep that in an unfired condition. The catch nut is exactly like the one you reprodused. Now on my other folder,it is a 181xxx blued Mini but the stock started out as stainless folder. I don't think Ruger offered a folder for the 181xxx series? The stud on the stainless that grabs the butt when folded is threaded. The other side is a knurled bolt with a standard screwdriver slot. I havent been able to access a parts list online.

How about any of you guys with folders take a look at yours and let me know what you have. Just curious.:wacko::wacko:................Joe

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi joehorner,

I have the exact same observation, the nut/stud functions are reversed left to right on my pair of folders. I haven't attempted to date mine but, I do know that, obviously the Mini30, but even the Mini 14 had to have a bit of inletting done to fit the 581 receivers without stress. Apparently, Ruger increased the width of the receiver at some point in production.

Ed

·
Registered
529 Posts
dating????

I can not date this paticular Mini because it is a mish mash of parts from different Minis. I figured that out when I went to see this and buy it. I really did not care because I paid just a little bit more for the complete package compaired what the asking price of just the stock. :). Plus the fact that it is chopped to 12" with a Masen brake permanetly attached to make it legal without a stamp..................................Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts