Perfect Union banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
5,429 Posts
Better than that beemer. Pre model 15. Model K 1950 was brought back. So the first run of the combat masterpiece. Fully adjustable rear sight. 25 yards it will shoot half dollar groups. Just a beautiful revolver.

· Registered
195 Posts
In my experience women who cannot manipulate a slide will also struggle with the DA pull on a revolver.
My sister is like that and one of the few of my revolvers she can handle without wearing her finger out in just a few shots is an older Smith & Wesson Model 64 which I bought used.
On any of my J-frames or similar-size guns by Taurus, Charter. etc. she gets a few shots DA then her finger is tired/sore and she has to pull the hammer back for SA shooting.

Meanwhile there are now 3 semiautos she can handle the slide on - A sig P238 which I gave her after she got a carry permit last year, a Walther PK380 which I gave her for her birthday this year, and a Smith & Wesson M&P EZ380 I gave to my mother. All 3 of those guns have easy to manipulate slides with relatively light springs and the S&W has the added benefit of easy to load mags thanks to a external lever on the mag follower.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.