Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, about a year ago there was a member on here who posted pictures of a specific make and model of I believe aim point red dot scope and a pair of quick detach scope rings. He had worked it all out so that everything fit!, Now I have acquired the money to do this set of but I don't know what the particular pain points codes model and size in conjunction with the quick detach rings or the best place to buy them both! If anybody can help me out a specially the member who had that set up, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much for your time!!! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's a 580 range model

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are really set on Aimpoint, go with it. However, I love my Trijicon Acupoint 1-4 with green triangle on post. It is accurite and makes quick sighting easy. I have one on my AR and on my Mini. [And a few other guns, love the Acupoint.] It mounts with factory 300 mm rings with nothing special.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just bought an Aimpoint 9000sc mounted on Warne quick detach rings that fit the newer ranch rifles.

You can use the Ruger 30mm rings instead, but they're pretty much junk.

I got my Aimpoint at SportOptics.com for $373, which was cheaper than anyone else by at least $30 with free shipping.

You can sometimes get the camo version for less, but it's fugly.

The rings are the Warne Maxima QD model 14RLM. They were $70 at the same website. This was also the best price I could find.

I tried the Trijicon, but didn't like the reticles. All of them wash out in super bright daylight for me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you guys think that an aimpoint 9000 with QD rings would work for me. I'm looking for a high-speed quick on target within 150 yards. The aimpoint 9000 is what the guy that I spoke of above had mounted, but it looks a little long for quick target acquisition. I had never thought that they made a tragicon that would amount to 30 mm rings, I'll have to check their website out see if they have something little bit more tactical within my price range. Thanks very idea man, but do you guys think theaimpoint 9000 is not too long for quick target acquisition and good field of view?:huh: oh yeah, and what is your what appears to be an 870 shotgun have a M-16 magazines sticking out of it. Did anybody else notice that always there. Some, firearm that I don't know about? LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! I never knew such a gun never existed and I thought I was well schooled LOL! I seriously thought you had just stuck one of those forend grip mag holders with the G.I. mag. In it just to see if anybody would actually notice that LOL! I got an 870 myself solid bet that that thing is patterned after the 870 and is very reliable and rugged so you think I'll get a fast target acquisition with the aim point? I think it's a little on the long side, but I don't know about these high-end optics? I'm in Ironsites kind of guy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Texan, is there any chance that you could please post some pics of your set up, especially the aim point over the receiver area maybe even looking through it might help me make my decision?;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got the camera back last night, so here are a few photos.

The red dot looks blurry in the POV shot, but it's quite crisp and very bright when viewed with the naked eye. I can point this thing at a clear blue sky on a sunny day and it's still very bright. It also goes very low as well for nighttime use or when you need the red dot as small as possible. This one is the 2MOA dot model. I'll set up the tripod and will try for some better photos with more depth of field so the dot shows up better. Anyways, this is an awesome setup for the Mini and only set me back $443 including the Aimpoint and the Warne QD rings.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.