Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a decent digital scale for under $70!
If money wasn't the issue I buy a chargemaster 1500, but money is the issue and I need to weigh several pounds of bullets to sort them out. (factory 2nds)

I was looking at the hornady 1500 - but is rated 3 out of 5 stars due to inaccuracy.

Any advice / recommendations on digital scales would be helpful!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm trying to find a decent digital scale for under $70!
If money wasn't the issue I buy a chargemaster 1500, but money is the issue and I need to weigh several pounds of bullets to sort them out. (factory 2nds)

I was looking at the hornady 1500 - but is rated 3 out of 5 stars due to inaccuracy.

Any advice / recommendations on digital scales would be helpful!
Hi, I use and have been very happy with the MTM scale:
MTM Mini Digital Reloading Scale 750 Grain Capacity

The reviews show variable results, but it has worked well for me (+_ 0.1 gr). These scales sometimes are available on sale for ~$25. A low cost mechanical scale for backup and checking also makes sense.

I usually use the MTM scale for checking using my Lee Turret with Auto-Disk Powder measure when reloading. Don't underestimate the potential for using volume measures like Lee dippers for reloading. They are somewhat conservative, but with a check scale are very accurate and reproducible.

Regards,
Richard

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have 2 Pacts and they can be adj if need. Yes they cost more BUT you can adj them they have 2 weight that you use to adj them. I all so have 2 of there power dispenser that does a very good job.

·
M.I.A.
1,474 Posts
I have that Hornady scale, and also an RCBS balance beam scale. I have found that the Hornady is a little over .1 gr over when testing it with weights and comparing to my RCBS, however it seems consistent. So once I have a load worked up I will use it, subtracting .1 gr from the recipe. I usually try to stay under max too for my final load.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hey, sharky. I understand the money issue. I found a Frankford Arsenal pocket size scale at Bass Pro Shops for around $25.00 and it works great. I weighed a whole mess of 69gr. matchkings that were all within +- .1 gr. It was like one of those how to keep a Polak busy jokes and I finally got it. No I don't weigh them any more. One word of advice. Keep your electronic scales in the house until you are ready to use them because some do not like to be subjected to temperature extremes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.