Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I recently purchased on direct from Ruger for about $75.00

I do have a bell&carlson stock for sale for $50.00 It has a little nick in the mag well and has some minor inletting to ease mag insertion. It has never been out of the garage.
These stocks go for $150 new.
:usa:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey I bought a Hogue stock from Midway at a closeout price of $36. Better hurry since it was closeout. I had no problem putting mine on and have shot 100 rounds with it so far and I am pleased with the improvement on paper.

Later

·
Registered
78 Posts
MOADave.........

Did you a have a Ruger Wood or Factory Synthetic before installing the Houge Stock?

How do you like it?

Do you think it improved length of trigger reach, recoil, anything like that?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes it is black -
What I didn't like about it was that (for my face anyway) the comb was too high for quick use of iron sights. I had to scrunch down a little to get the sights lined up. I would be great with a scope IMHO.
The ruger synth has a lower comb (just like the wood methinks) and those iron sights are right there when I bring it up.
:usa:
**sales pitch warning** these are the highgest quality syth sotcks made!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
ksregulator,

I originally had a ruger synthetic stock on my mini-thirty. I was happy with that but when I saw the Hogue stock for only $36 I bougth it since it was so cheap and thought maybe it would increase my trigger pull reach. The hogue helped on reducing recoil and it is slightly more accurate for me. I believe it improved my trigger pull and I can get a better grip on the stock and hold it steadier. But I did not see a difference in accuracy when bench shooting.

:ar15:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DJSKIT
I like iron sights too. Guess I need a factory drop stock
Thanks for the offer, sounds like a nice stock.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
My Hogue stock didn't improve the accruracy, till I bedded the stock. It got rid of the flyers, and tightned average grouping 3/4"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts