Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice. I have a LEE hand primer and I'm about to throw it against the wall. It is the older type that you use your thumb to press the lever.

I think I have worn it out as it keeps wanting to load 2 primers into the pocket and then it just causes a mess.

Looking for a new hand primer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Larry

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)I'm not"pimpin" for Natchez but I think that was who I bought them from-called smart reloader#sr916(chinesesee),looks just about like all others,functions very well,comes with small and large primers- trays and pins,and cost less than $20 each,takes rcbs snap in shell bases!:ph34r:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lees are terrific. Have one well worn, picked up another so I do not have to swap trays/push rods and have a new one on the shelf. I take them apart occasionally and lube the moving parts. Nothing like a bit of "slickem" to make'm run smoother. You may have the wrong diameter push shaft in or the rod has worn too much. Let us know what problem you found causing it please.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The old lee handiprimes were NOT DESIGNED to work with CCI primers... for whatever reason... Get the NEW MODEL... It works with EVERYTHING and is just BETTER. I still have my old one, too... and it still works great... ( and did for CCI primers, too! not sure why they claim it didnt... ) you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 2 of the older Lee hand primers and they both have no problem handling ANY brand of primer. I use them both, a lot.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The old lee handiprimes were NOT DESIGNED to work with CCI primers... for whatever reason... Get the NEW MODEL... It works with EVERYTHING and is just BETTER. I still have my old one, too... and it still works great... ( and did for CCI primers, too! not sure why they claim it didnt... ) you will be happy with it.
The only reason LEE said/says to not use CCI primers is that RCBS/Speer/CCI took them to court and LEE was looking for revenge against the company that cost them so much money.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I had a Lee Hand Primer, but switched to an RCBS. The Lee worked well enough, but the RCBS doesn't need shell holders.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have 4 old LEE and one new one. I like the new one best. Will get a new one soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.