Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need cases for my 7.62x54R M-N 91/30 , I bought the rifle about a month age and have only been able to find so far Norma ammo, and at $51.92 + tax Can. for 20 shells....I need to reload, so if anyone out there ( Canadian please seeing how things are now..not border friendly..when it comes to guns,ammo..etc) has a source for reloable brass , please let me know
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I found "Hirsch Precision ' in Nova Scotia Canada , they are a Lapua distributor and they list brass for the M-N at least I think they do....do you think that 7.62x53R is the same as 7.62x54R..Hope so ..
They sell the brass for $68.00 Can per 100 , a hell of a lot better then $51.95 for 20 ( Norma Ammo)
I sent a E-Mail tonight to them to see if they have stock, should get a answer by the beginning of next week
I also found "North Silva " in Ontario they also are a distributor, will contact them also
Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 7.62 x 53 R is the Finnish designation for the Russion 7.62 X 54 R They were used by the military of both countries But a phisically the same. Didn't notice you were from Canada and have to get your stuff from inside the country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an answer (E-Mail) from Hirsch Precision today (sunday) and they have 7.62x53R (54R) is stock, when I asked terms of payment :Visa ,check..etc , was told I could pay by check, they would send cases in the mail with an invoice...great!!! so I ordered 100 cases, they are Lapua.
their site is :www.hirschprecision.com
Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just noticed that Winchester is selling 7.62x54r loaded ammo. It may be cheaper to shoot the ammo and reload the brass. Lapua is expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Graf and sons has hornady 7.62x54 brass for about $25.00 per 100 cases I got some, and am very pleased with it. T stuff isn't real shiny but an hour or two in the tumbler fixed that up. I thought the primer pockets were a bit deep when I first seated primers but after checking several different makes of berdan primed shells I saw that they sat below flush also. Grafs address is; www.grafs.com

·
Registered
166 Posts
A gentleman at our club facing this problem modified the extractor on his Nagant so he can use .308 cases.

NB: never shoot ammo loaded to .308 pressures in a Nagant!

·
Registered
32 Posts
http://www.gibrass.com/brass.html

gibrass is a great place for military surplus.they have new and once fired for a great price.it will be a few dollars extra for shipping, but you will still save alot.let us know what you decide.happy blasting !:rapid: :2guns: :ar15:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts