Perfect Union banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to the 10/22. i just bought a classic v, and i really love it.

i am looking for a cheap, replacement "bang around" stock for my 10/22. how do i know which stocks will fit my gun? my rifle does not have the barrel band and is a 20" barrel.

mostly, if someone could just tell me what type of stock i am looking for, that would be great, but if anyone has specific recommendations, that is helpful too.

thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Any of the aftermarket stocks with a sporter barrel channel will do ya nicely. The Hogue overmold stocks are very popular and reasonably priced. MidwayUSA has a nice selection. The Hogue stocks have better ergonomics as compared to the factory stocks for most users.

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any of the aftermarket stocks with a sporter barrel channel will do ya nicely. The Hogue overmold stocks are very popular and reasonably priced. MidwayUSA has a nice selection. The Hogue stocks have better ergonomics as compared to the factory stocks for most users.
"sporter barrel channel?"

i think that is what i was looking for. thanks for your help.

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, another question.....i can't find any that specifically claim a "sporter barrel channel." will a standard barrel channel work?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes. The other profile you'll see available is for the heavy .920" barrels.

I wish they would all use the sporter terminology instead of standard - the .920" heavy barrels are so common and popular as to be nearly considered standard themselves.

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. The other profile you'll see available is for the heavy .920" barrels.

I wish they would all use the sporter terminology instead of standard - the .920" heavy barrels are so common and popular as to be nearly considered standard themselves.
thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most welcome, sir. Enjoy your rifle - the 10/22 is one of my favourite arms.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
FYI -
I just put a Houge overmold on my all weather 10/22.

definite improvement over the OEM plastic stock in feel and look.

maybe get some range time on it soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another vote for Houge. I have one on my SS 10/22 and it made a world of difference. I have beat that thing all over the desert here in CA and it has held up very well. For whatever reason we have had three good years of rain out here and the pebbled texture works very well when wet. It is a bit more pricey than and Ebay sporter stock, but the extra price is well worth it.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hogue is also producing a hard nylon stock -- i.e., no rubberized overmolding.

I'll be buying a 10/22 for myself this Christmas, and a Hogue nylon stock will be one of the first things I do to it. I'm just not a fan of the way the rubberized coating seems to stick to clothes at the most inopportune moments...

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Hogue is also producing a hard nylon stock -- i.e., no rubberized overmolding.

I'll be buying a 10/22 for myself this Christmas, and a Hogue nylon stock will be one of the first things I do to it. I'm just not a fan of the way the rubberized coating seems to stick to clothes at the most inopportune moments...
Love your rifle... but don't LOVE your rifle ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts