Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to the Mini 14 " owner 3 months" I have a Mini 14 stainless 186
series. Now the Problem and Quandary . I recently purchased four brand new in the box Pro Mag Steel 30 round Mag's " yes i know it's a miracle" The Problem is
that when I insert two of the four into the magazine well the Magazine retention pin does not engage the hole in the front of the mag.. The Quandary is
I don't speak Mini 14 language, what is this mysterious magazine "tweaking" that is spoken of in Mini land ? If it doesn't make me feel guilty when I look at my wife
I would like to perform this act on my magazines. Hep Me ! Hep Me !

·
Registered
455 Posts
A lot of us have had to adjust the magazine, but it usually consisted of filing on the back tab. A dremel tool with a stone works great for this tweaking, but just do a little at a time so it won't be loose.

Just to make sure...are you rocking the mag in from front to back? That is the method for Minis.

Wil

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
If the hole is not engaging, maybe there is a bur causing the problem. You may need to drill just a little to oversize to get it to fit.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Compare your "known good" magazines to any that are misbehaving. Burrs, bends, etc are generally what to look for. Basically when you have one that works for sure, the "tweaks" are just whatever small adjustments you need to make so that the misfit is uniform to the known good mags. You may want to label your magazines too, so that you can keep track of 'em. Back during AWB 1.0 I used to keep a log book on all my AR15 mags, since I had a limited stock and it was $$$ to replace one.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Compare your "known good" magazines to any that are misbehaving. Burrs, bends, etc are generally what to look for. Basically when you have one that works for sure, the "tweaks" are just whatever small adjustments you need to make so that the misfit is uniform to the known good mags. You may want to label your magazines too, so that you can keep track of 'em. Back during AWB 1.0 I used to keep a log book on all my AR15 mags, since I had a limited stock and it was $$$ to replace one.

Best,
Grumpy
This is a great idea for anyone that has several mags, some will shoot better than others. It's alway good to keep your best mags with the gun and ammo you have sited for.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.