Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 2003 WASR-10 that was modified for hi-caps by a local dealer (the 2003 models have the same trunnion as the SAR-1 so all you have to do it enlarge the mag well now!):

He also refinished the wood and cleaned it up so it was ready to shoot when I picked it up.

- Beta_MO

·
Registered
689 Posts
Beta that looks pretty good. I stripped the wood on my SAR2,3's and refinished them. Out of the box the wood looked like it was tied on a wire and dunked in varnish. I degreased and sprayed the barreled reciever with matt black baking laquer. It helped their looks quite a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I went kinda wild last week and did this:

The Plum furniture is from K-VAR, and I added an AK-74 type muzzle brake.

The butt stock has a little added length that makes it perfect for me now.

- Beta_MO

·
Registered
821 Posts
Your rifle looks great! But I have two little concerns:1. The 10rd mags made for this gun are LARGER physically than the 30rd standard AK47 mags,so you would have had to WELD material into the magwell area!? 2. Is'nt it illegal to make the gun work with 30rd mags? (similar to threading a bbl,adding a flash suppressor,etc...).

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by quadfan@Jun 27 2003, 06:13 PM
Your rifle looks great! But I have two little concerns:1. The 10rd mags made for this gun are LARGER physically than the 30rd standard AK47 mags,so you would have had to WELD material into the magwell area!? 2. Is'nt it illegal to make the gun work with 30rd mags? (similar to threading a bbl,adding a flash suppressor,etc...).
Actually, the single stack mags are NARROWER than the double stack mags used in hi-cap rifles. Otherwise they are the same.

I'm not in a state that has restrictions on hi-cap mags - your state might be different.

- Beta_MO

·
Registered
821 Posts
Originally posted by Beta_MO@Jun 28 2003, 10:55 AM
I'm not in a state that has restrictions on hi-cap mags - your state might be different.

- Beta_MO
I thought it was a FEDERAL thing!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by quadfan+Jun 28 2003, 11:02 AM-->
QUOTE (quadfan @ Jun 28 2003, 11:02 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Beta_MO
@Jun 28 2003, 10:55 AM

- Beta_MO

I thought it was a FEDERAL thing!! [/b][/quote]
Here's a link to a lot of info:

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay...p?s=&forumid=24

- Beta_MO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts