Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a old 188 series Mini not to long ago, the price was just right and it already had all the bells and whistles on it. It came with a choate flash hider that has a nice front post, M1 carbine sights, and a hogue stock. The only thing I have done to it is install Wilson Combat 1911 buffers, and added a M1 carbine sling. I took it out on her third trip to the range, it ran like a champ. First shots of the day was a 5round group just under 2inches at 50 yards.

But as far as function goes, I shot 100 rounds with no jams, or hick-up's. The rifle shot smooth, and the action is consistent. At 6 3/4lbs the little rifle handles great, and has a nice feel to it when it is fired. I tried some fast mag change outs to see how easy the mags fall in and out of place. It barely needs any assistance for the mags to fall out, it rocks out all by itself if you let it. I made a little video about it if you guys like to watch, it also displays how left handed friendly this rifle is. That is pretty much the reason why I dont own any AR's, the safety stumbles me up, I can deal with the bolt release, I hate the charging handle, and every time I shot my brothers Spike's I get sprayed in the face. In a left handed world, the Mini has been perfect for me, and amazingly reliable. With video proof to boot... Enjoy

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Nice looking rifle James! It looks like a good shooter with the cheap ammo & open sights.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Mini excels when it is kept simple. Yours is just the way it should be. I change mags the same way. Hit the release and let them fly. Try to finger diddle them and you have trouble. Thanks for the post.
Bepe

·
Registered
344 Posts
I personally really like the rock in mag on the Mini. I've seen many AR owners insert the mag, hit it with their palm, rack it, and have the mag fall to the ground. I insert mine straight in and when it's all the way up I rock it slightly forward and back quickly and I hear that click I know t's ready.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the problem. You are pulling the trigger with the wrong finger and using the wrong eye!!!!

kwg :)
Well your half right... Even if I was to switch I would still suck at shooting:lol:

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,627 Posts
Nicely done... very creative.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.