Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I finally got set up to do my own blasting, so have been Cerakoting some of my guns, as I've wanted to do that to some of them for a while. Last week I finished my Bisley Blackhawk .45 and blued Mini-30 in Sniper Grey Cerakote. Besides the obvious protection the finish offers, I thought the Sniper Grey color would make the Mini-30 look like more of a Parkerized finish to go along with the Mini-- M14/M1A look.
The Bisley is my trail gun for the mountains, now it is well protected from the elements, but looks a bit plain being all dark grey matte, so I plan to re-blast the cylinder, trigger, hammer and ejector rod and re-finish them in Burnt Bronze, to give it some contrast.
On Friday, I finished my M700 .308, M870 tactical, and the slide of my Rock Island 1911 in .22 TCM in a Coyote Tan. Both Remington's had O.D. Green stocks, and the RIA came had come in an O.D. Green Duracoat, so I thought the Coyote Tan would give some contrast. All the parts on those three that are still black will be finished eventually in O.D. Green Cerakote as well.
I had to take all of the guns I've finished out to the range yesterday to re-zero them, as the sights were taken off for the spraying and oven cure. I had so many to pack into the truck, I did not take the M700 this outing, so no pics of it.
I want to do the black/stainless Mini-30 in a light grey/dark grey combo, I'll blast the Ruger synthetic stock and paint it light grey, and do all the stainless parts in dark grey.

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Looks good! Cerakote intrigues me. Wondering how it would do on side arms that show holster ware on the blue. My wife and I carry Makarov's and mine is getting a lot of holster ware. I was thinking of getting it refinished.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, Cerakote holds up very well to holster wear. I have a 1911 that I did 10 years ago, and not showing any holster wear, but I don't carry it everyday, either.
The Ruger Bisley now that I have re-done some of the parts in Burnt Bronze:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.