Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put it in the TAPCO stock with bayonet, shot it, zeroed my scope on the UTG Scope mount rail, sweet shooter, great handling and LOVE THE STOCK.

Centerpoint Quick Aim 1 X 34 Red Dot scope has worked flawlessly on the 3 rifles I have them on.

Attachments

· Registered
1,656 Posts
SgtW.,

I really like your Norinco SKS dressed in its Tapco stock.

It looks to be a nice rifle. How does it shoot?

BTW, I'm currently in the market for an SKS...or maybe, I should say, a new addiction. :wacko:

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting an SKS to put into a Tapco stock myself. And, your rifle is good for inspiration.

Cheers!

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SgtW.,

I really like your Norinco SKS dressed in its Tapco stock.

It looks to be a nice rifle. How does it shoot?

BTW, I'm currently in the market for an SKS...or maybe, I should say, a new addiction. :wacko:

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting an SKS to put into a Tapco stock myself. And, your rifle is good for inspiration.

Cheers!
Thanks alaj70,
SKS's are sure addicting, seriously, Price wise and really fun to shoot, The one in the pic, the Norinco shoots 1 to 2 inch groups @ 100 yards no problem, I have zeroed the scope and love to shoot it...I have also owned 2 Yugo 59/66's, Russian SKS besides the Norinco, currently only own 1 Yugo and this one, sold the others for very good profits. The Tapco is a fine stock, many people say it's cheap, blah, blah, thats all B.S., they are well made, and it just adds mystique to the rifle, plus the pistol grip adds maneuverability that the wood stock just doesn't.

I have been a fan of many of you rifle projects, alaj70, you have inspired me on my M1A with the UTG rails and with your awesome job on the Saiga, I would be very interested to see how your SKS looks when complete, I notice when you start a project you always go full out and make some of the best rifle trickouts I have ever seen.

Thanks again bro,

· Registered
1,656 Posts
SgtW.,

Honestly, I am very humbled by your kind words, simply because I have learned so much from the guys here on the PU (and other forums), by reading all the material I can find about my rifles, by watching lots of youTube videos...and of course, by shooting them on a regular basis.

Lately, it's been the AR-15 bug that has bitten me HARD. And, in the not-so-distant future, I'll be posting a personal re-cap regarding how this year has evolved for me. It's been quite a ride, with respect to the AR-15. Please look for that...it will be a cool post.

That being said, I have been looking at SKS rifles for over a year now. However, I always had "another project" in the works. So, I put the SKS buying decision off. But, that changed recently for me.

Anyway, I had a bid on a Russian SKS rifle this past weekend, but I was out of town and I lost it by ONLY $5, from a last-minute bidder rolling in on the auction. Of course, that's perfectly "legal", but I was peeved about it. Oh well...there are other SKS rifles, right?

Also, thanks for the information on your experience with the SKS rifle, as well as the Tapco stocks. I too have had good luck with Tapco-made products.

Thanks again for the kind words. It's nice to know my projects strike a chord with others here. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.