Perfect Union banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my mossberg 930 (85320) in new stock

i had been kicking around the idea of swapping stocks on my mossberg 930 home security 18" shotgun. basically, i am not a fan of synthetic stocks (unless maybe pistol grips). imo, the the factory mossberg plastic stock just feels and looks cheap. so i saved my pennies and replaced it with a walnut stock.

here is the "before" pic, pretty much stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks fantastic, it should come from the factory that way! Where did you buy the stock set from? I've bought several 870's and 500's all with synthetic stocks, and have always bought aftermarket wood for them. It makes them look so much nicer. I was ready to buy a 930 a few months ago, but I need a shorter LOP than the stock 14" and I don't believe they can be shortened due to the recoil spring/rod inside the stock.

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks fantastic, it should come from the factory that way! Where did you buy the stock set from? I've bought several 870's and 500's all with synthetic stocks, and have always bought aftermarket wood for them. It makes them look so much nicer. I was ready to buy a 930 a few months ago, but I need a shorter LOP than the stock 14" and I don't believe they can be shortened due to the recoil spring/rod inside the stock.
thanks! i think its a 100% improvement on the looks myself, and i even like the grip and feel better. i got the stock directly from mossberg, it was pricey..but it is very nice wood. the synthetic just looked and felt cheap to me.

i really wish they would offer the wood stock from the factory...i think it would be pretty popular, but maybe most prefer the tacticool black these days?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know why, but it looks much more menacing with the wood stock vs the polymer. I'm a steel pistol guy myself so it's nice to see steel and wood together.

I might have to pick up a 930 now that I've seen it with a wood stock.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very, very nice! I am a polymer guy myself, to the point that even my 1911 is a polymer frame, but that sir is beautiful...

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why, but it looks much more menacing with the wood stock vs the polymer. I'm a steel pistol guy myself so it's nice to see steel and wood together.

I might have to pick up a 930 now that I've seen it with a wood stock.

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very, very nice! I am a polymer guy myself, to the point that even my 1911 is a polymer frame, but that sir is beautiful...
many thanks! i sweated over dropping the coin to do this...but now i think i should have done it sooner!

maybe i can turn a polymer guy over to the "wood side?"......:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Beautiful shotty! i was thinking about getting the HS model and now i HAVE to get wood furniture for it! pretty pricey though?

·
large member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful shotty! i was thinking about getting the HS model and now i HAVE to get wood furniture for it! pretty pricey though?
trying to remember...i think like $85 for the stock and either $45 or $65 for the forearm. i got it directly From mossberg. i wanna say the total was somewhere around 150-160 w/shipping.

imo, that is a bit pricey...but it is very nice wood imo. i think it was a great investment!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts