Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hands on a digital camera for the weekend so I took a few pics. It is a standard mini with an Eagle HK sight/flash hider, Millet rear peep, and Butler Creek stock. I am considering having my barrel shortened and muzzle break added by DRC custom guns http://www.drccustomgunsights.com/ and will also have a trigger job done sometime in the future. Right now I am getting the typical 3-5" results at 100 yds with cheap plinking ammo. See ya (hopefully my picture works). -Grinch

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looked at your pics-nicely done work ! You say you grouped 2-3" with surplus stuff ? Have you had any problem with the regular Ruger sight before your conversion ,i.e. with the rear sight not able to be adjusted all the way up for the stock front sight to hit at 100-200 yds. ? I had lots of problems with my 181 series with this situation,and the Choat sight/flash hider accentuated the problem.Any suggestions ? I'm at my wits end here. Thanks:2guns:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carry-45:
I usually get about 3-5" groups, hopefully that will improve a little with a lightened trigger. I didnt have a problem with the factory sight until I added the Eagle sight/flash hider. I had to file a little bit off of the front sight post to get it on target with the factory peep. Thanks, see ya.
-Grinch

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow...Great pics Grinch of a awesome looking rifle.....Digital camera!! Well, it if is not one thing to buy, its another....The camera however must come after my M1A:eek:

Larry

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Nice pictures grinch. Have you beded your stock? Just did mine this weekend. Am anxious to see how it tightens my groups. If I get some nice groups I'll see if I can scan and attach a picture, since I don't have a fancy Digital camera. (wish I had one!)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cajungeo:
I have not bedded my stock yet. I am thinking of upgrading to a Bell & Carlson before I try bedding because the Butler Creek is a pretty loose fit where the front end of the stock enters the gas block on my mini. Let us know how the bedding turns out. Is there a kit you bought for it? If so how much?

I just borrowed the digital camera from a friend for the weekend, my money would have been better spent on my mini 14 :D ! I'm still in high school and lacking funds at the moment, hopefully I'll have a job later in spring or summer and then I'll be able to complete my project. Thanks everyone for all the comments and input!
-Grinch

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Grinch, There is a popular kit "ACRAGLAS "by Brownells, Some walmarts have the kit or you can order from www.lockstock.com for $10.50 It comes with about everything ya need except cleaning solvent, masking tape etc. There is enough in one kit to do 2 or 3 rifles if you don't contaminate the resin with the hardner. It has black, and brown dye to match your stock. Didn't have any model clay so I used mylar tape for blocking off some holes, and slots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts