Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just wanted to say my dream this christmas is the mwg 90 magazine for my Ruger Mini 14

I would like to go hunting but my 5 round mag is not good enough.

See this website for the picture 90 round mag
http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/...gmagizines.html

it's a little strange that on the same page, that they will only sell a 50 round magazine to the police or military, but this 50 round magazine is for a ruger 10/22, my question is what will the army or police do with a 50 round .22 rifle??? anyone know???

thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
567 Posts
The 90 rd. & the 50 rd. mags are newly manufactured so cannot be sold unless to LEO or the Military. If they were manufactured "Preban" anyone could buy them. It's a shame Ruger doesn't sell the 10 rd. mags there'd be a good market for them & they are legal. The 5 rd. Mags look nice fitting flush to the bottom of the stock & of course are legal in most states to hunt with. I can't imagine where or what you'd be hunting that would require a 90 rd. magazine. Myself I wouldn't want something that heavy hanging off the bottom of my Mini. I have some 10 rd. "No names" from CDNN that function ok except for holding the bolt open on the last shot & a 30 rd. PMI for when I want that "Rambo" look. As for the Military & 10/22's I heard there was a "Sniper" rifle built. I would guess it was subsonic & silenced. I imagine it was for close in work. I have no idea why anyone would want a 50 rd. mag on a 10/22 or for that matter a 90 rd. on a Mini.

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bushwack
About taking the 90 mag hunting, well I was joking about that, but I like the mag very much.

The reason why I like large mags, because they look great on the rifle.

I would like to mention, that the 50 round mag, that was for the Ruger 10/22 I have one of them, I can say they are ok, but hard to load the 50 rounds.

The MWG Magazine, my friend has one, this is why I like them, they feed great.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
gotta be ready when the varmints join forces and try to get revenge on their many fallen brothers....
Ever see the movie Ben? or Bens Revenge?, besides the 90 rndr ya need some hand gernades, and a flame thrower:eek:
my question is what will the army or police do with a 50 round .22 rifle??? anyone know???
These guys, in their special forces need em! http://www.ruger1022.com/docs/israeli_sniper.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts