Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

This is my Mini-14 Ranch with barrel, stock and trigger by Clark. It has a 3x9x40 Tasco scope with a mil-dot reticle(whichI like OK). I'm really beginning to get attached to this gun although I frequently get negative comments about the way it looks. Ihave another unmodified Ranch that doesnt shoot nearly as well.I hope to let Accuracy Inc work on that one.

Eddie

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Nice mini. I like the stock. Is that a shielen barrel, or a stabelizer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cajungeo,

The stock and the barrel are both Clark. This is the older model SS barrel that was made to fit the factory Ruger gas block. It follows the factory barrel shape until it exits the gas block and then is .920. It is solid SS. This model predates the bonded on stabilizer that they have been using lately. I bought it used and don't know how old it is. It looks a little weird,huh?

Eddie

·
Registered
567 Posts
dr_ed---The only thing I see that is a little weird is the large gap between the gas block & the .920" portion of the barrel. Most muzzle weighted barrels I've seen have a much smaller gap. You have to also take into account the barrel is what 24"? Myself I think it is a fine looking Mini. You didn't say what kind of groups you're getting from it but if it shoots as good as it looks I'd say they're small ones.

Good shooting
Bushwack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Time to get new friends if they are the ones who are bad mouthing your rig!

Looks... come after to reliability, performance and pride of ownership.

Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Joel,

I was lucky to find this one used at my local gun show for $650. I replaced the recoil and hammer springs. The scope was about $130 as I recall. I have been told that Clark charges about $700 to convert a factory Ranch Rifle to this configuration.

Eddie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts