Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing around with different ways to make my mini-30's barrel harmonics more consistent. I believe I have come up with a solution but now I am working on a way to make it easier to install to the rifle. I have spent a lot of time at the mill/lathe trying different gizmo attachments. Now is I could only make the add on smaller I may market it. If not at least I had fun doing all the range time trying all of them. This 5 shot group is at 100 yards. I only used reloads also since the .308 bullets seemed to be more consistent.

happy holidays

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
MOA,
How about you show some pictures of the attachment you made and explain what it is,please.

:beer: :rapid:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Almost a waste of paper with all of them going into the same hole. Did you do this with a machine rest or a bench rest? Is your gizmo like one of the barrel shrouds that fits over it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The attachment could be called a shroud but I have made internal adjustments to allow fine tuning of the harmonics. I have also used a vibration analyzer to sense the acceleration of the barrel at several locations along the barrel to help me fine tune the harmonics. I was looking at consistent accelerations at each point not necessary even vibrations. This is a three shot group I just did here recently from a bench rest. Night classes at college will be starting up soon so this project may have to be put on the shelf till summer but I will post photos when I get finish modifying the attachment.

Take Care & Good Shooting

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I only used reloads also since the .308 bullets seemed to be more consistent.
Very impressive Dave. It would seem that a different ammo would change the Harmonics. Does your contraption, have an adjustment to fine tune for different ammo? We would like to see a picture.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts