Perfect Union banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looked like Ruger made it for my SS 580 pencil barrel. I went and drilled the block and used the loc tite so it will have a better chance not to slip. Its raining so I can't try it out.

·
Mountain Boy
22 Posts
Mine is on order... Did you get the longer double clamp or shorter single barrel clamp version? I went with the shorter SOCOM, my mini already feels too end heavy. A week from now my poor mini is going to be a new beast... Trijicon 1x24 Reflex, Accu Strut, 1911 Bushings and I'll think long and hard about a new gas bushing too when I have it apart. Mine likes to throw brass a country mile and leaves some serious dents in the brass. Still waiting for the GG&G rail, my sight got here two days ago and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting for the rail adapter. Are these symptoms of the mini bug that goes around this time of year???

·
Registered
182 Posts
Quadsport: Awesome that you got your Accu-Strut! Sure wish that Accu-Strut.com or Sunflower Ammo had a "Wish List" feature so my girlfriend would get me one for Christmas - LOL.

harper99: sounds like you have quite the project going. Yes, the Mini-bug is rampant this time of year. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harper, I got the double clamp. I thought it would help my pencil barrel more. I can't believe how well it matched. And they left the logo off.

·
Mountain Boy
22 Posts
Quad: Here's hoping mine will be logo free as well! I want to tighten my rifle up and get all I can out of it but at the same time I don't want it to look overdone like so many I've seen. Every new attachment gets thought about long and hard because I like a clean, and functional look. I must have had my mini for over a year before I upgraded the stock and it's been about a year and a half since then... Still not sold on the Choate pistol grip stock either, the length of pull could be a little shorter to go from over the shoulder to shooting faster. Also wrapped the outside of the recoil pad with gorilla tape because that rubber sticks to your clothes pretty pad.

·
Mountain Boy
22 Posts
May want to consider bedding your stock too... add it to the list of projects to tinker with!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My stock is awful tight now. I would like to get a laminated stock for it in the future. I saw one on the net that was red and black on a ss mini that looked good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered one today. I almost bought the new drilled type; they look bada$$ and are light weight. Too late now. I'm probably not cool enough anyway!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered one today. I almost bought the new drilled type; they look bada$$ and are light weight. Too late now. I'm probably not cool enough anyway!
I liked the looks of those but I figured the holes would be less support and the barrel could flex more.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Harper, I got the double clamp. I thought it would help my pencil barrel more. I can't believe how well it matched. And they left the logo off.
Lucky you! I asked about plain, but was told they all get logos. Maybe that's changing?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took my Mini out today to see how the Accu-Strut would improve my groups. I set up paper targets at 50yards and I keep 2'' spinners up at 100 and 150yards. I have said on here before that I am not a great shot. A double amputee shooting with bipod off a plastic picnic table is not the best for checking accuracy. There is no doubt that the strut helped! Sure, I could get a 1'' at 50 and 2'' at 100 every now and then before I added the strut on my 580 pencil barrel. But today, if I didn't pull it from a factory trigger. I could do it about every time for 5 shots with Hornady v-max. Hitting the 2'' spinner at 100 was about 80%. It needs a trigger job!!!! These results are not much to crow about for sum internet cowboys but I am pleased. Thanks for all the help of this forum!!!!:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very cool, Quadsport, very cool.

I'm happy for ya, bud.

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
371 Posts
I'm also a new to ACCU-STRUT [ orig. LT------double bracket] SO FAR IT SEEMS TO DO AS PROMISED. I have to run some better ammo out of my Ranch Rifle; in order to test the difference ,properly.

·
Registered
650 Posts
This sounds good to me. Frankly i think the mini is all about what you are doing with it....enjoying the fun of shooting. I am finally doing the same after too much seriousness. Great report!

God Bless!

Ron

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can get to serious about the accuracy of shooting. I have been shooting about 5 years. When my wife and I bought a home and 13 acres out in the country, I started to enjoy the shooting sports. My 2 daughters and I have gone through a lot of .22 plinking. I have had a Rem 22-250. Howa 1500 and I have chased accuracy with all of them, just like the mini. Everyone wants to show and tell about the 1MOA. Most fail to talk about the 2MOA because the stars did not line up. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts