Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Built in the seventies, this 700 Remington has taken it's share of coyotes through the years, an estimated 1100 of them plus the occasional groundhog. The .22 Cheetah was developed by Jim Carmichel, shooting editor of Outdoor Life magazine and Fred Huntington from RCBS. It is a .308BR case necked down to .223. One nice thing about this wildcat is that commercial brass is now available for it. It has gone through a barrel and is on it's second now with about 300 rounds through this one. My normal load launches a 55 grain V-Max at 4250 fps and is devastating on varmints. It shoots very flat out to 300 yards and is an easy sub.5 moa rifle with it often shooting under .3 for 5 shots. My CHeetah is a pencil barrel not really suitable to prairie dogs but great for coyote and woodchucks where the shots are much more space out.

Mine was stocked by Mike Conners and wears a 70's vintage Weaver T-10.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beautiful stock that shows it was contoured by someone who knew something about stock design. Looks like it was meant to be on a custom rifle for hunting rather than clubbing some animal to death.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.