Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, boys and girls, the machine gun shoot is over. Was a helluva crowd. Sold tons of guns. During the shoot DSA donates a rifle to be raffled off. Well, guess who won it! Little old me! Never won nothing in my life! Anyway, here she is, my $10 AR 15!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Buy it off ya for $20! :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from shooting my $10 AR, DSA Zm4. The dang thing wouldn't chamber my rounds, and yeah, I throughly cleaned this gun before I shot it. Less than one mag through it, and I looked down and my forward assist was gone! Damn thing just fell out. Never seen that happen before, not even on our rental guns that get the crap shot out of them! Luckily, we sell AR parts, so I just went in the shop and replaced it. Had a few more times where the rounds didn't want to chamber, but then I ran 3 mags full through it with no problems at all. Not sure what was keeping those rounds from going in there, but whatever it was seemed to work itself out. Once it started working like it supposed to, it worked just fine. Neither the range officer, myself, and another young man there in the service could come up with a explanation, other than the RO said he thought there might have been a piece of something in the chamber and it finally came out. I was shooting it and my Mini 30 I got the other day, and you wont believe it, the Mini 30 was shooting better groups! I was flustered by this time, and the sun was up and I couldn't see through the rear sight real good, as I was getting a lot of glare, so I will withhold judgement on this gun until next time. As it is now, I really am thinking of trading this one off.
Yeah, I know, don't complain, it only cost you $10. Point it, it is a $900 gun retail, and this should not have happened. And now I have another $13 in it! :lol:

·
Registered
852 Posts
See if DSA will take the upper and check it out for you, should be under warranty.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I think the conversation at DSA sort of went like this...

"Hey, Bob! Do we have any rifles lying around that didn't pass our final testing process?"

"Yeah, Jim...wait a minute...here's one."

"Great. 'Cause the boss was just asking me if we had any rifles to donate to someone at the upcoming Machine Gun Shoot."

"OK...here ya go..."

Yeah...I'd be pissed! $10 or not. :huh:

Honestly, it sounds like you got a lemon. If a Mini-30 is out-shooting an AR-15, that's actually saying more than you think.

Call DSA and complain.

All I will say is if you're going to donate something in a raffle, you better make sure it's "squared away". Else, you will get dogged big-time on the forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts