Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the cheap Carbon Fibre barrel from... oooh, can't recall, they're the same guys who make stocks and I think they make the Hot Lips mags. It's a cheapy.

Get what you pay for :(

Registered
Originally posted by Bill
It's the cheap Carbon Fibre barrel from... oooh, can't recall, they're the same guys who make stocks and I think they make the Hot Lips mags. It's a cheapy.

Get what you pay for :(
Butler Creek possibly?

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo!

Registered
hey RR that gun looks very close to mine! i got my stock unfinished when midway had them, and is a dull finish. the barrel is a 20 fluted butler creek/volquartsen comp,scope is simmons 6-18x40 w/target turrets, and soon a 1 3/4 lb trigger w/honed hammer+ some ti parts. now i'm going to have to post pics of my gun.

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moved to the new gallery.

Registered
Thanks for your post Bill. How does the Butler Creek barrel shoot? I would like to build a 3rd 10/22 lite wt. for backpacking. Thinking of a 16" carbon fiber barrel, with fiber optic sights, and a packer takedown stock. Something very light, and compact to fit in my backpack.

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel is a cheapy. It is very flexible, so it is a MUST to have it in a hard stock. Given that I have it in a flexible Hogue stock, pressure on the stock tends to change the point of impact (BAD!)

Registered
Thanks for the tip Bill. I guess the Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel would suffer the same in a packer stock. I seem to remember an someone making an aluminium bull with steel rifling liner. Maby I'll take a stock barrel, and saw it off to 16", and recrown. They make a packer stock for the std barrel also. Then accurize as much as possible, and install the fiber optic sights. Also maby I can get a preban with a folder, dang it I wish I hadn't sold mine. I need something lite wt. for backpacking. Now I need to finish the projects I have now. As I really like starting them, and developing them, but have to work at the final finish. But my next project gun will be a very compact, lite wt. pack rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts