Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've scoured the internet for information on the MWG 50rd magazine for the 10/22 but there is very little. Christmas is approaching quickly and my first Ruger 10/22 will be waiting under the tree, as well as a few accessories for it. However, I am undecided on what magazine(s) I want.

I absolutely love the look of a drum magazine but the only one available is the one by Promag and from what I've heard and seen, it fails to feed way too frequently. (A real shame...) A 50 round alternative would be the double stacking banana shaped mag by ram-line (which I've heard only bad things about), and the MWG tear-drop shaped rotary mag.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this mag, and if so, tell me everything. (Pics would rock too.) I understand that it operates on the same principle as a drum magazine, with a winding coil mechanism of some sort, that also allows you to remove the front cover of the mag and place the cartridges in on the rubber track.

Anyway, can someone tell me what they know about this ~$80 mag? I also don't know if any store-fronts sell these, but if any do, please tell which. (I think Gander Mountain might...) If not, where should I order from?

I'm new here and have been reading up on the legendary 10/22 for months now, and really appreciate any help you can offer. If you have any recommendations for other hi-capacity mags (25rds+), let me hear it.

Thanks in advance, and pics of the mag would be awesome, since there are so few on the net. (I'm a very visual person.) :blink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I think I'm going to go with tacinc's composite mags. The problem is, they are open in admitting that they may not be able to ship them before Christmas. That's disappointing. I'd place an order if they could deliver on time.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hmmm. I don't remember paying 44 bucks for mine. I got mine for ten dollars cheaper about a year ago. Have prices gone up? Still worth it in my opinion. Sure, you can buy three butler creek red lips for the price of one TI mag. But not one of those BC mags will work very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts