Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a ak style muzzle brake advertised at bushmasterfirearms.com. As far as I can tell it should be ok to install on my mini in CA from what I read in the DOJ booklet, but I thought I would run it by the guys on this BBS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I ordered a new barrel for my mini I asked the smith about threading the barrel for a brake or flash hider. He said it would be fine because the mini has only one "point", the detachable magazine. I didn't have it threaded though. Don't know about Kalifornia. So, uh, hey, are you getting ready to defend yourself this summer when all those air conditioners black out your power? The looters and rioters do come out at night and a flash hider could help.( ha ha sorry )

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
The whole thing about "points" or evil features is oft mistated or understood. (federal rules).

First off, a magazine isn't a POINT or a feature, it is a pre-requisite. In other words, the only rifles where they count features are "semi-auto, detachable mag". From there, you start looking for features. Feds allow ONE evil feature, California allows ZERO evil features, and the feature lists DIFFER.

A threaded barrel is a Federal evil feature, but in CA, we don't care about threaded barrels, it is what is on the end of them.

A mini-14 doesn't need a muzzle brake, in my opinion. Sure, it might help, but I've seen one of those AK style brakes come apart, and I've heard of many more. Your mileage may vary.

------------------
[email protected]
http://perfectunion.com/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bill, help us out a little more here. First, a mini with a factory wood stock is our project gun. Now lets take CA. Are you saying you guys can't do a thing to it, not even one ( folding stock, pistol grip, flash hider/muzzle brake etc. )? Now look at my state, Montana. Same gun, so your saying I can add one feature? Example would be to thread the barrel and add flash hider or muzzle brake. However, your saying I can't add a threaded muzzle brake AND a folding stock? Right?
In most states then ( most likely not all? ) a person gets a detachable mag and one evil feature? Your choice? Which leads me to the next question. You said the evil feature list DIFFERS. Does that mean some states pick and choose what evil feature is allowed in there particular state, or were you refering to CA in some way?
So, is bawhcs2001 out of luck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.