Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen muzzle brake/ flash suppressor combos made by Precision Metal Works on www.gunaccessories.com. They look the same as the Black Warrior brakes sold at cheaperthandirt.com. Are They?

Has anyone had any experience with these muzzle brakes? Do they result in the same accuracy increases as the Black Warrior ones?

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey max, I couldn't find the precision metal brake at www.gunaccessories.com. to compare. I have the blackwarrior double muzzle break from Cheaper than dirt ( $19.99). If ya notice it has a set of holes and a set of slots, but they are only on the top side. No holes or slots on the bottom. So it vents upward, and adds weight on the barrel end to reduce barrel flip on the thin rugar barrel. I have noticed from previous posts the flash surpressors don't seem to help as much as a muzzle brake. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I called Gun Accessories and they couldn't tell me the brand of their Double Break they sell for the mini-14. I thought is was probably a Black Warrior also, and I went ahead and decided to order it directly from John Masen. It is the same price as the Cheaper than Dirt one (same Break too), but I didn't pay sales tax. I put it on last week and fired a hundered rounds through her this past weekend. Not only does it look tuff, it seems to fire nicely. I fired twenty rounds rapidly through it at a time, and it was a good time!
I would receommend either Cheaperthandirt.com or JohnMasen.com to get one....at least you knowwhat your getting. My order was on back order when I originally ordered it, but Claudia Masen e-mailed me every couple days with an update on when I'd get it....then she overnighted it to me. Great customer service has got to count for something, right?
I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Black Warrior double break from others on this board....it's a great upgrade for little $'s.
Goodluck.:usa:

·
Registered
203 Posts
the masen muzzle break is also available from brownells. I utilized a JP muzzle break (more like a army tank muzzle break) but it works and adds a little weight to end of the barrel. JP works for me, but it is whatever make you smile, mine makes me laugh!

·
Registered
685 Posts
king, what do your fellow shooters think of that nasty muzzle blast from the jp?. a friend that didn't know any better bought a bushmasterar-15 shorty w/ ak-74 break (also like a artillary break) and the first time he shot next to me my sinus cavity trembled:eek: very unpleasant sitting next to him so moved down to another seat only to catch a hot case in my shirt:eek:. anyway not bad for 90 bucks, let me know what kind of groups you get with factory ammo. thanks josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts