Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gents,

Just to update you guys. I put a Black Warrior double muzzle break on my ss Mini. The results were beyond belief. My groups were cut in half by this little bit of extra weight on the front of the barrel. It now shoots better groups than my friend's Bushmaster shorty AR. If you have not placed a muzzle break on your Mini yet, you MUST do so! I think it is the best, least expensive upgrade you can make to the weapon. I ordered my muzzle break from cheaperthandirt.com for around $20.00.

glynb:usa:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Isn't it a beautiful thing? I don't know if it's the weight, or the brake action that does it. But whatever it is, it works!

I have one on both my Mini-14 and Mini-30. Vast improvement of groupings for both.

Its a must-have for any mini owner.

FYI: its BRAKE, not break. (I changed the title)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2655,

I keep getting confused about the verbage. I appreciate the correction.

glynb:usa:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am not too impressed with the double muzzle brake that I got from cheaperthandirt. I have the stainless steel ranch mini-14 and ordered the RGR-050 which is the double brake for the ss model. It is made by John Masen Co. Inc. It looks more like a flash suppressor than a brake thought I will admit I don't know much about either one. I can't see much if any improvement in accuracy. Whats the deal?

V.V.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you mean a lemon brake or a lemon mini-14?

I am using a BSA 4-10X44 scope. There was little change in the groupings with the muzzel brake. Like I said, I wonder if it truely is a brake or a flash suppressor. I had read in one of the threads on this site that the true muzzle brake will have an inside diameter that is the same as the inside diameter of the barrel while a flash suppressor will have a larger inside diameter than the barrel.

This particular muzzel brake has an inside diameter that is large enough to slip over the entire circumference of the site base with a slit cut out for the site itself. It attaches to the site by replacing the roll pin in the site with a longer roll pin.

I don't have a shroud though I have been reading about them. Do they really make that big of a difference?

V V

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't know about the shrouds, but both of my Mini's have the double-brake on them, and both showed appreciable group improvements. The double-brake seems to be more of a brake than a flash suppressor. I have shot it at night, and it does a pretty good job of suppressing as well.

The other theory is that it improves accuracy because of the additional weight on the end of the barrel, not because of its braking ability...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Guys,the Black Warrior brake is nice but the one from Olympic Arms is even better.At least I think so.It is heavy,precision machined,good quality stainless,and a tight fit.It really breaks up the flash at night.They also have a nice barrel shroud,it leaves the op rod exposed.:sniper:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just installed a muzzle brake I got from Cabela's by Eagle it has a new front sight blade inside a ring, they call it an H&K style sight. It really works well the circle draws your eye right to the blade which is 1/2 the size of the stock one. It will be easier to see the targets that the standard blade maskes. I can't wait to try it out.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed the Black Warrior Double Muzzle Brake on my Mini 14 and have seen accuracy improvement. I have not measured groups however.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey Tom, it seems every one that has installed the muzzle brake has gotten some group improvement. I had a trigger job, and glass bedded my stock, and installed the BW muzzle brake like yours. Groups went from 4 1/2 " to 1 1/2" using winchester ammo. Especially noticed; no more flyers!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts