Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am moving to grants pass for the summer for seasonal forest service work anyway, what are the basic gun laws for or. any restriction and does a rifle have to be cased in a vehicle or can it be on a rack unloaded or loaded?also do hand guns have to be cased in vehicle or can they be in plain sight since my SD CCW does not have reciprocity in OR.

Registered
Try this
http://opencarry.org/

This is to the open carry forum about Oregon, should find everything you need there

GP is pretty loose, but out of state plates draw a lot of attention.
If your into AR's look up John Noveske, one of the best AR makers period.
Check out Sportsmans Park just north of GP, probably one of the best shooting & archery ranges in the North West, it's county run, but a good place. Gp hasn't succumbed to being politically correct.
Try to go rafting on the Rogue River if you can, lot's of outfitters there to take you, fun fun fun.
I wouldn't leave a rifle in a rack unattended, unfortunately there are a lot of tweakers out there, even in the boonies. Personally I wouldn't go into the boonies without a firearm, just don't leave it in plain sight.
When you see the JoCo the Caveman in GP tell him WalkenBear says Hi!

hostilenativelibertarian.
:DGp is great country,lots of fishing,and hunting used to be pretty good around there,tweakers are where you find them.Walkin bear is correct-don't go into the woods unarmed-you are in the land of oregons largest cash crop!:blink:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice,Can you open carry on your hip with no legal problems? and i know some states don't allow hollowpoint ammo i believe OR is not one of them and i like my hydrashocks, are they legal or do i have to leave them in SD?

Moderator and Super Member
Might check the hunting regs...sometimes the F&W folks can get anal about having a centerfire rifle with you if there's a season on. Not always, especially if you've got other business out there.

If I wasn't tied to PDX I'd love to spend more time down in that area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.