Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT'S UP EVERY ONE!
I HAVE A MINI-14 RANCH RIFLE, AND AM THINKING ABOUT MOUNTING A PRO-POINT ON MY RIFLE. THE RINGS USED FOR THE
PRO-POINT ARE OF 30MM NOT 1INCH STYLE. I KNOW I COULD BY
A SCOUT MOUNT BUT SINCE A LOT OF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
TALKING ABOUT, I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY KNOWLEGE THAT ONE HAS TO OFFER.
//RMJR//:rapid:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i saw something neat a while ago that may be of help. it is a weaver style rail that mounts to the scope base on the mini 14 ranch rifle. http://www.jackweigand.com/ranch.html i also heard a rumor once that ruger sells the 30mm rings for the ranch rifle but they dont include them with the guns because the 1" are more popular in the US.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the propoint on a mini and got the 30 mm rings when I bought the aiming device. I like it except it has the large red dot which is great for quick aquistion of target in woods or low light. But at 200 yards the dot is as wide as a regular life sized silhouette target. Therefore, I do not think it would do very well at greater than 200 yards. At 200 yards, it still shoots pretty good keeping all the shot on the target. For precision shooting, like groundhogs or long distance, you might consider the smaller dot propoint. I have not tried this sight myself.
ches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts