Perfect Union banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '86 mini with the dove tails and want to mount a bsa red dot on it. What type of base will i need. It looks like i can only attach to one rather than two places on the rifle due to the short red dot scope. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I have an '86 mini with the dove tails and want to mount a bsa red dot on it. What type of base will i need. It looks like i can only attach to one rather than two places on the rifle due to the short red dot scope. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Why would you put crappy optics on a good rifle? I have doubts that the BSA can take much of a pounding with anything more powerfull than .22lr.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why would you put crappy optics on a good rifle? I have doubts that the BSA can take much of a pounding with anything more powerfull than .22lr.
I have to agree with this, get a decent optic. Doesn't need to be a $400 Aimpoint or EOtech like some of us use, but get something better.

I would reccomend the Burris SpeedDot. Get it and a GGG Mini 14 weaver rail.

Burris SpeedDot 135 Red Dot Sight 35mm Tube 1x 3 MOA Dot with Weaver-Style Rings Matte - MidwayUSA

Rail

Ruger Mini 14 Accessories | Ruger Mini 14 Scope Mounts for Ranch Rifles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. The bsa was free so i'll try it out. Nothing lost. If it doesn't work, i'll look into your recommendations. By the way i bought the weigand mount for this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts