Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what, in your opinion, is the most accurate service rifle ever adopted by the United States Army? by this i mean the standard issue, grunt gun

·
Registered
567 Posts
natedog---I would vote for the Springfield 1903-A3 as being the most accurate standard issue. There are the sniper models but I don't classify them as service rifles as they are not standard issue to the mud grunts. My personal preference is the M-14 which is still being used as a sniper weapon by the SEALs.

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
541 Posts
M-14.The Seals use it for alot of reasons.Mainly because it is one of only two weapons that can be fired immediatley upon surfacing from water.:sniper:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
can be fired immediatley upon surfacing from water
Down heah, widt 8" rains dat's impotant. I wish I had the m-14 I had in the USMC (and the eyes I had back then!) I could shoot 10 out of 10 in the bull at 500 yds using the peep sights ;)

I am moving this thread to the general discussion, but leaving a redirect here for better coverage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think its the mp-5 that can fired as soon as it comes out of water. They say the silencer works better wet than dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts