Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
10,504 Posts
A lot of good things coming from Ruger! We just need more of them now!

· hostilenativelibertarian.
7,889 Posts
:lol:See-ruger does pay attention to this forum!;)

· Registered
10,504 Posts
I don't understand why they would drill and tap the receiver when there are picatinny rails that will already mount to the ring mounts
The rail would mount lower giving a good cheek weld.

· Banned
7,951 Posts
:lol:See-ruger does pay attention to this forum!;)
In todays world of social media, if Ruger doesn't monitor public opinion on their products, then they would be very ignorant. I can understand why they probably can't actively participate due to some insane legalities. It would reflect favorably on their part if they occassionally recognized this forum along with the others out there. Sometimes I get the feeling that most firearm and ammo makers are arrogant and could care less about the general public as long as Obozo remains their best salesman.

· Registered
80 Posts
It just seems if the rail was mounted directly on the ring mounts, there might be ejection problems. But I guess not if they're sending em outta the factory that way. They should start including a more solid/durable hand guard with optional picatinny mounts or one similar to the gun site scout rifle forward mount.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
It just seems if the rail was mounted directly on the ring mounts, there might be ejection problems. But I guess not if they're sending em outta the factory that way. They should start including a more solid/durable hand guard with optional picatinny mounts or one similar to the gun site scout rifle forward mount.
Nah, what they ought to do is make a gas block drilled and tapped on top, to allow a full length picatinney rail. One that screws to both spots on the receiver and to the gas block.

On the D&T'd receiver, I have often wondered about just machining OFF the Ruger base attrachments, and drilling and tapping the receiver. Does it look like the new receiver is beefier in that area?

· Registered
186 Posts
Mini14 hand guard replacment & picrail from UltiMAK

Hi Guys:
I'm no gunsmith but I bought a UltiMAK optics rail-hand guard and I really
like a forward mounted optics rail. and it was easy to do and looks like it
was made for my mini14NRA. It is stable and I do not have to remove the
optics every time I field strip it. I found this product by accident, but it will not ever come off my mini14. My shooting is the best ever sub moa with a red -green dot at 100 yards. I think it stabilizes the optics as well as ruger rings.

Oldarmy 1964-1969:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.