Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pristene early Stainless Mini14 with flawless factory folder safe queen. Am thinking about a trade for a sks Mak 90 milled Polytech factory 386 in pristene condition also, Question is who would be getting the better deal?? Been a long time since I've been on forum so out of the loop in current Mini's.
Thanks rock creek

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well, this is the Mini 14 forum, so I'm guessing most will say don't trade unless there's a lot of ammo or other form of currency in the deal. I definitely say keep the Mini 14. Not only does it take the far more (in these united states anyway) common calibers of 5.56 and .223, but it's more reliable and forgiving (based on my experience with a friend's SKS). Don't do it man!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The other guy is gonna get a helluva deal, IMO.

Those factory folders are selling for $400ish on eBay in fair condition, last I checked.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Am I reading that right? An SKS and a milled MAK90? The milled receiver is a lot heavier and stiffer than the more recent stamped sheet metal AKM types. To me it's a wash as to overall value. A factory folder is more of a collector's item in value. An old school milled AK47 is as rock solid a platform as you're likely to find, assuming the barrel is in equal condition. It could outlast you and your progeny, as others have in more miserable lands than here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for everyones input. Very valid points aboput the sks vers mini14. I have a electic collection of mini's over the years so keeping one more would be a better investment. When the seller with the mk90 deceides to sell instead of trade ,my plan is just offer cash instead of a trade. After doing my home work and seeing what insane prices people are paying for mini's ,best just sit on the side lines! Thanks again!
rock creek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts